The conference will start at 9am on Monday, 2 November and will finish at 5pm on Tuesday, 3 November, 2015. Pre-conference workshops will be held on Sunday, 1 November, 2015.
The conference will cover all areas of research in environmental epidemiology. The format of the meeting will promote discourse and will include invited and submitted presentations and posters, and extensive discussion time.
Program at a glance
- Dr. Debby Bogaert, Department of Paediatric Immunology, UMC Utrecht, Utrecht, The Netherlands: The environment within and outside.
- Panel discussion: ‘Are we doing the right research?’ Invited speakers: Dr. Steven Hamburg, Environmental Defense Fund (EDF), Boston, USA; Prof. Bert Brunekreef, Institute for Risk Assessment Sciences - Utrecht University, Utrecht, The Netherlands; Lot van Hooijdonk, Utrecht Municipality, Utrecht, The Netherlands; Dr. Hanna Boogaard, Health Effects Institute, Boston, USA; Jan Korff de Gidts, Kracht van Utrecht, the Netherlands.
- Prof. Erik Gómez-Baggethun, Norwegian Institute for Nature Research, Oslo, Norway: Green space and health; an ecological perspective.
Early morning sessions:
- Dr. Fred Woudenberg, Public Health Service of Amsterdam (GGD), The Netherlands: Risk communication and epidemiology: How to beat the household epidemiologist.
- Ms. Deirdre Dunne, Senior Publisher Environmental Science & Health, Elsevier, and Prof. Barbara Hoffmann, Associate Editor of Environmental Health Perspectives (University of Düsseldorf): Publishing successfully; OEM & EHP Editor insights.
- Dr. Mark Nieuwenhuijsen (CREAL), Barcelona, Spain: What would you like to see improved in your cities and how do we do it? - Healthy City Environment Initiative. Note that this session is an early morning session in combination with a special lunch session.
- Dr. Marc Chadeau-Hyam, Imperial College London, UK: Deciphering the complex; Tutorial to OMICs analyses.
- Mr. Vincent Rijsman, University of Utrecht, The Netherlands: How to get funding for your research idea.
Instructions for oral and poster sessions
Social Program: Feel free to join one of the social activities organised by IRAS students! These include a visit to the Oudean brewery with a tour and dinner, dinner in a beautiful Belgian pub, or in an Irish pub (plus a pubquiz). Costs for the social program are NOT included in the registration fee and vary between approximately 15-30€, excluding drinks. Registration is easy! Just fill in the form and email it to us. The deadline to register is 15 October.